From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Section 1.1 Business Offices
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 22:03:49
On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 12:12 +0000, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
As I read the requirements from here http://www.nmprc.state.nm.us/corporations/pdf/charter/dnp.pdf Article Four: A New Mexico corporation must continually maintain a registered agent and registered office address. .... (2) Enter the name of the registered agent, who must be located at the registered office address. We don't need offices per say, as a registered office address. Which the registered agents address must be the same. Any registered agent we retain, will therefore be the registered office location for the Gentoo Foundation. The By Laws could be implying that, but do not clearly state that. So we should likely update them. To reflect that the Gentoo Foundation does not have official offices, just a registered address to meet legal requirements. No implication of Gentoo officials meeting at the offices or conducting any business at that location or others. Also maybe that the address might change as we change registered agents. But any legal filings will have to be updated to reflect that. So not sure the by laws need to spell out that aspect. -- William L. Thomson Jr. amd64/Java/Trustees Gentoo Foundation