From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt@××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Tax return and accounting discrepancies
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 19:06:27
1 I am still quite concerned and would like to know a reason why the
2 Gentoo Foundation has not filed a state of federal tax return. I am not
3 sure when the last time the Gentoo Foundation did file any returns, or
4 provided required annual accounting information to New Mexico.
5
6 Even more alarming I do not like the follow accounting discrepancy added
7 in the last quarterly report. Which there is no report for 2010 Q4, and
8 we are almost done with 2011 Q1.
9
10 "Corrections to balance bank account as balance has been off since
11 records have been kept. $8,980.16"
12 http://www.gentoo.org/foundation/en/finances/2010q3.xml
13
14 An almost $9k discrepancy where account balance has been off,
15 unacceptable! That is really not good! Where did that money go? Did it
16 exist in the first place? Does anybody have a clue?
17
18 If anyone recalls the main reason I resigned from the board in 2008, it
19 was due to the fact I did not feel the treasurer was qualified to be
20 such. I was doing their job for them in spending a tremendous amount of
21 time finding a bank Gentoo could open an account with. Even after I
22 found one, took a very long time for the account to be opened. Never did
23 get a CPA, or other things.
24
25 Now here we are about 2.5yrs later, and still no tax return, and very
26 shady accounting. It might be acceptable to others, but it surely is not
27 to me. I hope Gentoo starts to keep an eye out if people have any
28 qualifications for the roles and positions they fill. Given the amount
29 of neglect, and lack of leadership all around.
32 William L. Thomson Jr.
33 Obsidian-Studios, Inc.
34 http://www.obsidian-studios.com