From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Gentoo Foundation bank account
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 00:32:10
On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 18:43:34 -0400
"William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o> wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-08-02 at 07:55 -0500, gibbonsr-ml@××××××××××××××××××.com > wrote: > > > > Another option, that might be fit our role more is some direct or online > > banking. ING.com is one of the biggest ones. Capital One is another one > > but I don't care for them as a company .. personal preference. That > > would get by the problem of having to be close by. > > Looks like Capital One is a winner. We only have to provide them with > whom ever we want on file as authorized signers. We do not have to put > on file all officers. No one has to go to NM, or anything physical. > Because they offer direct bank accounts, accessed purely online. >
Now, that is great news. Thanks for all the effort you've put in on this.
> Someone does have to open the account by providing personal information. > Followed by the Foundations info, EIN, address, etc. From there we can > change authorized signers by sending in a letter requesting such. Only > hard part will be priming the account, but otherwise. We should be able > to proceed with them. >
Clearly, I think, the treasurer needs signature authority and should probably open the account. I think we should have at least 2 with such authority. Any officer or trustee can serve for the second (or third or however many we want). I don't really want signature authority. But I'll take it if that's what it takes to move forward. I can even open the account if no one else wants to, but if so, I'll need the personal information for other signatories and access to funds to get us started.
Thanks again, Regards, Ferris -- Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o> Developer, Gentoo Linux (Sparc, Devrel, Userrel, Trustees)