From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Thoughts on upcoming trustee elections
Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 20:56:44
1 On Sunday 01 May 2005 10:13, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
4 > Perhaps a voting method that regular people can actually understand
5 > intuitively would be more helpful.
6
7 I agree completely that we don't want the debian voting system (whatever
8 called). I think it should have the following constraints:
9 - The preferred candidates get chosen
10 - Even if there are not enough candidates, bad ones shouldn't get chosen.
11 - The process should be simple and transparent.
12
13 I don't care how many votes people get (maybe the amount of positions)or
14 whether we have 2 rounds (more than 2 seems cumbersome (not simple anymore)).
15
16 Paul
19 Paul de Vrieze
20 Gentoo Developer