From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Re: How to improve the trustees
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 09:31:16
1 On Mon, Feb 4, 2008 at 4:32 PM, Jan Bilek <clonolu@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > But some
3 > people claim it is because of a lack of manpower in Gentoo - in that
4 > case we might want to re-think recruitment process.
5
6 I'm getting sick of hearing this, so let's get some facts. Don't take
7 it personally as it's not specifically for you.
8
9 One. There is no waiting list for recruitment. You could be in
10 recruitment today if you wanted. Notice that, if *you* wanted. If
11 people spent as much time contributing as they spend thinking they're
12 thinking, circling around the obvious and regurgitating randomness,
13 we'd be one damn active project. And don't tell me you don't have time
14 or don't have the competence. None of us have time but we make it,
15 plus you spent some writing this rather long email and others. And we
16 don't only need technical people. I'd even say today we mostly need
17 non-technical people. The staff quiz takes only a few minutes.
18
19 Two. You don't need to be a dev to contribute. Actually, being a dev
20 means contributing like any user plus having the responsibility of
21 dealing with the everyday mess (to say it mildly). I can tell you it's
22 not fun everyday, so you may want to stay a contributing user. Having
23 cvs commit rights will not make your penis any larger, but could
24 result in your significant other walking away without you even seeing
25 it.
26
27 Three. You're on the nfp list. If you really want to improve
28 recruitment, you want to talk to devrel's recruitment subproject.
29
30 Four. In case you're really not satisfied with Gentoo, feel free to
31 ask for a full refund before you switch to Arch.
32
33 Denis.
34 --
35 gentoo-nfp@l.g.o mailing list