From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] RE: [gentoo-council] Foundation by laws: new Article V
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 16:59:57
On Tue, 2008-09-02 at 09:49 -0700, Ned Ludd wrote:
> > I'm sorry. Are you trying to call me out?
No, but you are requesting voting ability. Which we lack the resources for. So would be nice to see some effort there. Instead of just saying, yeah we need that. Then waiting for another to make it happen. Just found it interesting people from two parties required to make something happen both were interested in. Would bring up a subject and topic. Second it, and then fail to act upon it. If you want to see that as calling someone out. Ok, and in that respect. The trustees were being called out for not putting something to a vote. Tit for tat does not lead to increased productivity.
> Pretty sure I'm a foundation member longer than most anybody here. Do > I not have a voice in Gentoo after putting it 5+ years of my life > towards it?
Not sure how to read that statement. Given that the foundation never functioned properly short of it's first year in 04-05. Since then it's failed year after year. So I am not sure I would be proud of being a member. Or that during your 5+ years, the foundation sat by the way side. Being totally neglected, not even doing the bare minimum required of any NPO. Gentoo Foundation != Gentoo Project So 5+ years contributed to the project, doesn't do a damn thing for a ailing foundation of ~4yrs.
> If you are sick of stuff.
I am sick of others commenting, waiting for someone else to act.
> Stop commenting. I was not replying to you to begin with.
Thus I have just joined the penal gallery with all the other comment'ers. As is others right to do so, I am simply commenting as a foundation member. It's just sad that while I was acting, others commented the point of convincing me to cease any and all actions. What a win for the community and the foundation. So now I will just comment like others and wait to see who if anyone acts. -- William L. Thomson Jr. Gentoo Linux Developer