From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt@××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] List of items to be addressed by audit
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 18:12:20
On Thu, 2011-03-31 at 18:32 +0100, Roy Bamford wrote:
> > Having never met you nor spoken with you (verbally) I have no idea how > to interpret your smilies properly. It is my duty as a trustee and > officer to point out members rights.
There is only one way to interpret a smiley.
> Your "now what" is spelt out in the bylaws. To paraphrase what it says, > now you get about 110 supporters to agree to take action without the > trustees and possibly without a meeting.
If you want to take things on that front, challenge me to take action. I can just as easily contact two legal bodies and leave it up to them. Which is surely allot easier and faster, than wasting time on list. Discussing business matters with people who have little understanding. I am not trying to rally others to the cause within Gentoo. If others are not concerned that between $20-$50k has gone missing, unaccounted for. Much less that the trustees have left Gentoo in very bad legal standings with the state and feds. Then that is there problem. I guarantee the state and federal government will care less about bylaws, elections, a 110 member consensus, and any of those things that do not matter to them. Which by the way it would not take 110, just a majority. Not to mention I am sure many will care if/when the state and federal government do take action. Please stop with all the back and forth, and do what is required by the state and federal government. Much less whats responsible and prudent when handling OTHER peoples money. I cannot believe two posts now which should have at best maybe 1 reply keeps turning into lengthy threads. Why there is so much effort to defend inaction. Which there is no defense or justification that either the state or federal government will accept. -- William L. Thomson Jr. Obsidian-Studios, Inc. http://www.obsidian-studios.com