From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Council=CTO or Executive Board? [was: Re: Re: Re: Foundation reinstated]
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 20:40:42
William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 21:13 +0100, Steve Long wrote: >> >> Well I'd argue Council is Executive body since the main work of the >> organisation is the technology (with perhaps infra as CTO) but that's an >> aside. > > Infra would never qualify as CTO. But would fall under the Council's > sphere as they do now. Short of for funding requests, which the council > doesn't oversee. Infra would be CIO if anything. > > Just for reference > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_technical_officer >
OK so infra wouldn't be CTO.
> The only diff here, being our CTO is a council or body. We could suggest > to the council, they appoint a lead. But that's really up to them. I > have no problem with the CTO as it applies to getting being a group > comprised of several. Versus a single person. >
Yeah but I disagree that the Council is limited to CTO, since the whole pupose of Gentoo is to develop software. I'd argue the Trustees are a Supervisory Board, and the Council an Executive Board within the two-tier model. The portage team strike me more as the CTO in that setup though I admit your knowledge of these titles outweighs mine ;) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supervisory_board -- gentoo-nfp@l.g.o mailing list