From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Council=CTO or Executive Board? [was: Re: Re: Re: Foundation reinstated]
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 20:40:42
1 William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 21:13 +0100, Steve Long wrote:
4 >>
5 >> Well I'd argue Council is Executive body since the main work of the
6 >> organisation is the technology (with perhaps infra as CTO) but that's an
7 >> aside.
8 >
9 > Infra would never qualify as CTO. But would fall under the Council's
10 > sphere as they do now. Short of for funding requests, which the council
11 > doesn't oversee. Infra would be CIO if anything.
12 >
13 > Just for reference
14 > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_technical_officer
15 >
16 OK so infra wouldn't be CTO.
17
18 > The only diff here, being our CTO is a council or body. We could suggest
19 > to the council, they appoint a lead. But that's really up to them. I
20 > have no problem with the CTO as it applies to getting being a group
21 > comprised of several. Versus a single person.
22 >
23 Yeah but I disagree that the Council is limited to CTO, since the whole pupose
24 of Gentoo is to develop software. I'd argue the Trustees are a Supervisory
25 Board, and the Council an Executive Board within the two-tier model.
26
27 The portage team strike me more as the CTO in that setup though I admit your
28 knowledge of these titles outweighs mine ;)
29
30 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supervisory_board
31 --
32 gentoo-nfp@l.g.o mailing list