From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Bylaws question - 4.9, purposes
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 22:27:51
On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 11:14:20PM +0100, Roy Bamford wrote:
> > "the purpose(s) of the Gentoo Foundation." > > > > This doesn't seem to be clearly defined anywhere. Is it the social > > contract of Gentoo? Just seeking clarification. > The purpose of the Gentoo Foundation Inc is stated > http://www.nmprc.state.nm.us/cgi-bin/prcdtl.cgi?2463313 which is taken > from our articles of incorporation.
NMPRC version: "EDUCATION & PROMOTION OF SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT" Articles of Incorporation, per NMPRC recieved 2004/05/24: "The Corporation is organized and at all times shall be operated, on a non-profit basis exclusive for the advancement and education and promotion of software development in an open environment" Those both seem nebulous and boiler-plate, but thanks anyway. It was just the dangling reference that was bugging me. -- Robin Hugh Johnson Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy E-Mail : robbat2@g.o GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85