From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o, gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Gentoo Core <gentoo-core@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Gentoo Foundation Elections
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 00:37:30
1 Hello again.
2
3 Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
4 >> The election officials are Ɓukasz Damentko[1], Jorge Manuel B. S.
5 >> Vicetto[2], and Richard Freeman[3]. The infrastructure team contact
6 >> for the election is Shyam Mani[4]. The election officials have
7 >> published a page[5] with all the information on the election
8 >> including lists of voting members of the Gentoo Foundation.
9 >>
10 >> * [1] - rane@g.o
11 >> * [2] - jmbsvicetto@g.o
12 >> * [3] - rich0@g.o
13 >> * [4] - fox2mike@g.o
14 >> * [5] - http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/elections/foundation-200802.xml
15 >>
16 >> The election polls will be open from Wednesday February 13th to
17 >> Wednesday 27th.
18 >>
19 > Just a small update. For logistic reasons we need to push the voting
20 > period 24 hours. Thus, the election will take place from 00H00 UTC
21 > February 14th (Thursday) to 0H00 February 28th (Thursday).
22 > We will send a mail with all the nominees and the list of voters after
23 > the nomination period ends in over one hour.
24 >
25 I made a mistake as the voting period lasts from 00:00.00 UTC February
26 14th (Thursday) to 23:59.59 UTC February 28th (Thursday), so you can
27 still vote on the 28th.
28
29 As promised the list of nominees to the trustees election is the following:
30
31 William Thomson - wltjr
32 Roy Bamford - NeddySeagoon
33 Tom Gall - tgall
34 Patrick Lauer - tgall
35 Joshua Jackson - tsunam
36 Jeffrey Gardner - je_fro
37 Ferris McCormick - fmccor
38 Jakub Moc - jakub
39
40 The list of voters for this election[6] can be checked through the
41 elections page[5].
42
43 * [6] - http://dev.gentoo.org/~jmbsvicetto/trustees-election/voters-sorted
44
45 To vote on this election, do the following:
46
47 Eligible current Gentoo devs should login to dev.gentoo.org and run the
48 following commands, in the order specified.
49
50 * votify --new trustees2008 - This creates a new ballot in your homedir.
51 * Edit the .ballot-trustees2008 file and rank the candidates.
52 * Once you're sure, run votify --verify trustees2008 to check the
53 validity of the ballot.
54 * If that goes through fine, the next and final step is to submit your
55 vote using votify --submit trustees2008
56 * In case you're stuck, detailed help can be accessed by using votify
57 --help or feel free to drop by #gentoo-elections on IRC. If you think
58 you are eligible to vote, but cannot, please contact one of the officials.
59 * Grab a beer, have fun, sit back and enjoy the show..till we announce
60 the results ;)
61
62 The remaining Foundation members (ex-devs), should email their ballot to
63 the 3 election officials, signing the mail with their gpg key:
64
65 * rane@g.o
66 * jmbsvicetto@g.o
67 * rich0@g.o
68
69 Please check the elections page as we've updated it to include all this
70 info.
71
72 For the election officials,
75 Jorge Vicetto (jmbsvicetto) - jmbsvicetto at gentoo dot org
76 Gentoo- forums / Userrel / SPARC / KDE
79 gentoo-nfp@l.g.o mailing list