From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] I met with my lawyer
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 00:08:52
1 On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 03:16:30PM -0600 or thereabouts, Daniel Robbins wrote:
2 > There will be an initial board of trustees appointed, which will be selected
3 > to meet my commitments to existing managers and developers. This initial
4 > board of trustees will serve for one year from the establishment of the
5 > Gentoo Foundation, after which point a the board will be elected by the
6 > members (Gentoo developers.) After that, regular elections will be held
7 > (election cycle TBD) to determine board members.
8
9 How does the board of trustees make decisions? Is everyone on the board an
10 equal member with an equal vote?
11
12 > If you have any suggestions for improvement or for coordinator/project lead
13 > structure, try to see if you can suggest it so that it can work in the
14 > context of what I've just outlined above.
15
16 This all looks great and I'm very excited to see it become a reality.
17 Thank you very much for making it happen.
18
19 --kurt