From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Gentoo Foundation Trustees Meeting - Sunday, April 20 at 1900 UTC
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 17:29:50
1 Well, I'd love to see the Trustees discuss what they would like to do
2 about the Gentoo Store. Our current store is essentially unmaintained,
3 as I'm the only person who really does anything with it. We never even
4 added the 2007.0 media because it *literally* cost me more money in
5 shipping the media for 2006.1 than we made from the sales of the media.
6 It is also a fairly time-consuming process, as you have to fill out a
7 form for each CD, burn a physical CD, and ship it to them. Also,
8 CafePress doesn't sell data DVD, which makes it much less useful, since
9 the LiveDVD is where the best Gentoo support is at. We really need to
10 find another store or come up with a better solution. The ideal
11 solution would be for us to create our own store front, then use the
12 CafePress API (and anyone else) to process the orders through. This
13 way, we could easily support different items from different vendors and
14 not be limited to the offerings of a single vendor.
15
16 I will not be able to be in attendance for the meeting, so if you guys
17 need any further information from me, you'll likely want to get it from
18 me before the meeting.
19