From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: [gentoo-core] Call for Gentoo Foundation Trustee nominees
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 16:24:38
Ciaran McCreesh wrote: [Thu May 05 2005, 11:14:09AM CDT]

> Along the same lines, would it be appropriate to ask people who are > renominating themselves what they have done to fix pressing issues like > the copyright assignment nonsense, getting the trademark over to Gentoo > and fixing the store situation?
Yes, but some of those are harder to answer. I've written up a draft transfer doc that, if approved by both parties, would certainly solve the first two issues. Legal counsel will certainly need to get involved, and unfortunately that's something that trustees (both the current ones and the soon-to-be-elected ones) are not allowed to talk about, since doing so could break privilege. What exactly is "the store situation" that needs to be fixed? The agreement between the Gentoo Foundation and Daniel Robbins was that the store would be run by Daniel Robbins for some set period of time (currently proposed as one year from the date of the copyright transfer), in exchange for the copyright transfer.. After that time running of the store reverts to the Foundation, but what happens at that point has not yet been decided. -g2boojum- -- Grant Goodyear Gentoo Developer g2boojum@g.o http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76