From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-nfp] Foundation by laws: new Article V
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 23:15:53
On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 16:07 -0700, Chrissy Fullam wrote:
> The Foundation/Trustees have been around for I believe four years
Failing in just about every possible way since 05. No financial reporting, and culmination was charter being revoked in 07.
> , in that time only once has a person held over lapping roles. Why do > we think suddenly every person on Trustee may overlap? It seems so > very unlikely. And even if they did, that means that we voted for them > to fill the role, so do we now not even trust ourselves to cast the > right vote?
Fail safes, so get over it. Your making it a much bigger deal than it is.
> So do we also restrict people from being on more than one team?
That should likely be looked at but is the council's place.
> What if one team is deemed to be 'not doing well', should they resign > from other teams to focus on that one team,
Possibly, priorities.
> or resign from that team so it doesn’t drag down their efforts on > other teams?
Another option, but not doing anything and letting projects/teams suffer is not a solution either. Both Java and amd64 suffered from my time loss to the trustees/foundation. Both will gain now from my resignation. Even then, if I dropped amd64, that's more focus for Java. But really I did amd64 as a compliment to Java. Since there were delays with keywording and stabilization. -- William L. Thomson Jr. Gentoo Linux Developer