From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Re: [RFC] Bylaws change: Lower the member quorum to 1/10
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2018 12:49:49
1 >>>>> On Sun, 03 Jun 2018, Roy Bamford wrote:
2
3 > Not having a quorum prevents a vote of members taking place.
4 > However, there has never been a need for a vote of members at any
5 > meeting of members.
6
7 Why do we have meetings of members then?
8
9 > Due to the difficulties of counting both votes and members present,
10 > I don't think an IRC 'show of hands' can ever be relied on.
11
12 > I'm not against the proposed change, I just think its changing from
13 > one value that is not useful, to a different value that is also not
14 > useful.
15
16 With the current number of about 90 to 100 members. the one-tenth
17 quorum would be 10 members being present during a meeting. This should
18 be quite possible to achieve. Plus, I don't see why a roll call would
19 be difficult.
20
21 Ulrich