From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Section 3.1 Place of Meetings
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:17:20
1 On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 11:21 +0000, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 7:30 PM, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
6 > > I think we need to be clear an concise here. All meetings must be openly
7 > > available to the public to attend, and/or at minimum foundation members.
8 > >
9 > > Also I think we should state that meetings are held in #gentoo-trustees
10 > > IRC channel on freenode.net. No where else, and always done
11 > > electronically.
12 >
13 > I don't agree with this limitation. First, don't forget that the
14 > Trustees election is a "meeting" of sorts and that it isn't conducted
15 > through IRC, but through mail. Also, as RB was arguing, why should we
16 > limit ourselves to #gentoo-trustees on the freenode IRC network? The
17 > point about the 10 day advanced notice is also important.
20 > > There will be no meetings at a principle office location that does not
21 > > exist. Nor are there any plans for the trustees to meet in person
22 > > anywhere. I am not sure that has ever happened. Till either of those
23 > > changes, I see no point to them being included or mentioned.
24 >
25 > If some day trustees end up meeting on LWE, FOSDEM, Gentoo-UK or some
26 > other exhibit/show, do you really want them to have to update the
27 > bylaws so that they can conduct a meeting?
30 > > Something like
31 > >
32 > > "All meetings must be openly available to the public to attend..
33 > > Meetings are conducted electronically and are held in #gentoo-trustees
34 > > IRC channel on freenode.net."
35 >
36 > What about the following?
37 >
38 > All meetings must be openly available to the public to attend and
39 > will be announced at least 10 days before the meeting.
40 > Meetings will usually be conducted electronically in the
41 > #gentoo-trustees IRC channel on the freenode network.
44 Good points. That last proposal works just fine for me.
47 > > --
48 > > William L. Thomson Jr.
49 > > amd64/Java/Trustees
50 > > Gentoo Foundation
54 > Regards,
55 >
56 > Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto
57 > Gentoo- forums/userrel/Sparc/KDE
66 --
67 Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o>
68 Developer, Gentoo Linux (Devrel, Sparc, Userrel, Trustees)