From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o, gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Foundation membership and trustee election.
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 14:28:28
1 Based on the straw poll, the strong consensus is that all Gentoo devs
2 who have been developers for at least a year should be offered
3 membership in the Gentoo Foundation. Would somebody from
4 devrel/recruiters please assemble a list of those devs? Once that's
5 done, the trustees should (pro-forma) nominate those developers for
6 membership, and we should e-mail invitations. If at all possible, I'd
7 like to get this done by the end of the month so that we can have
8 elections for trustees by the end of May. Incidentally, veszig tells me
9 that he has the infrastructure set up for online voting (yes, without
10 using the forums).
11
12 Once invitations go out we will need a way for members to register to
13 vote. (Remember, though, that, members only have to register to vote if
14 they wish to be counted as deliberately not voting, since actually
15 voting includes an implicit registration.) I had envisioned some sort
16 of webapp, but I don't want to write it. Since, at least for the
17 moment, all Foundation members will be Gentoo devs, how about we just
18 make registering to vote mean that the member has done a "touch .vote"
19 on dev.g.o? If somebody wants to write some useful tools to manage all
20 of this stuff (like reminding devs when their registration is about to
21 expire), then we'd be exceptionally grateful, but it's fortunately not
22 urgent.
23
24 If I'm missing anything, or just completely on the wrong track, please
25 let me know.
26
27 -g2boojum-
28 --
29 Grant Goodyear
30 Gentoo Developer
31 g2boojum@g.o
32 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
33 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76