From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Trying to figure out Trustee elections 2014-2016
Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 17:17:32
1 Hello, everyone.
2
3 I'm trying to figure out the historical Trustee boards based on election
4 results, and I keep hitting something wrong. According to what I have,
5 after 2014 elections, the Board was:
6
7 1st year: (antarus, neddyseagoon) [1]
8 2nd year: (betelgeuse, quantumsummers, swift)
9
10 The 2015 elections mail says that (betelgeuse, swift) rotate [2],
11 and (robbat2, swift) were elected [3]. The apparent Board after those
12 elections would be:
13
14 1st year: (robbat2, swift, ???)
15 2nd year: (antarus, neddyseagoon)
16
17 The 2016 elections mail say that (dabbott, neddyseagoon) rotate [4].
18
19 So I have three problems that break continuity of it all:
20
21 1. What happened to quantumsummers? He's not mentioned for rotation
22 in 2015 yet he seems to disappear after all.
23
24 2. When did dabbott come into the picture? FWIU he wasn't elected
25 in 2014, so why did he rotate in 2016?
26
27 3. Why didn't antarus rotate in 2016? Apparently his term started
28 in 2014.
29
30 I just can't figure out how this could have happened. If I assume that
31 quantumsummers resigned sometime between 2014 and 2015 elections
32 and dabbott replaced him immediately, that could explain his absence
33 in 2015 rotation and dabbott's sudden rotation in 2016. But it doesn't
34 explain why antarus did not rotate.
35
36 What am I missing? I'd really like to finish my great masterpiece,
37 and I've already spent 3 hours trying to figure out what happen
38 to Trustees.
39
40 [1]:https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-nfp/message/b50682200a0335f275e0ae6368956dcd
41 [2]:https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-nfp/message/4f2e6245859b57d5e92f075ff0a2ba44