From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Trustee Nominations (take 2)
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 15:23:55
1 On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 20:44 +1100, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 >
3 > As another point though. In The Netherlands it is common for these kinds of
4 > foundations to have an advisary council. Basically the job is to make sure
5 > that the actual board does what it should do, and to prevent knowledge
6 > leaving with the election of new trustees. I think that the new trustees
7 > should consider such an advisory council (in light of what happened to
8 > trigger this). In such a case I would be willing to be a part of such
9 > council.
10
11 I think I mentioned advisers to the board briefly on the
12 #gentoo-trustees IRC channel. I agree having advisers would be ideal.
15 William L. Thomson Jr.
16 Gentoo/amd64/Java