From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o, gentoo-core@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Thoughts on upcoming trustee elections
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 15:14:39
1 (I'm cross-posting to -core since many people are not yet subscribed to
2 -nfp, but I'd vastly prefer that replies be on -nfp.)
3
4 Ideally, I'd like to have trustee elections finished by 16 May. Of
5 course, that means we need to decide how to handle the elections.
6 Here's a proposal:
7
8 1. Trustee wannabees need to e-mail -nfp with a statement to that
9 effect. Any eligible foundation member may run for a trustee
10 position. The deadline for announcing candidacy is one week prior
11 to the beginning of voting.
12 2. A ballot containing the names of all candidates will be assembled
13 which essentially just has a check box for each name.
14 3. Voting will last for one week.
15 4. All candidates who reach or surpass a threashold of 50% yes votes
16 are thereby elected as trustees.
17 5. In the case that fewer than four trustees are elected outright (I believe
18 that by NM law there needs to be a president, a secretary, a
19 treasurer, and possibly something else?), then the top four vote
20 recipients are elected as trustees.
21
22 Notice that I didn't say that it was necessarily a good proposal. I'd
23 like to avoid needing an initial vote on how many trustees are needed,
24 so this proposal deliberately leaves the number of trustees that one
25 wants to vote for up to the individual members. The threshold of 50%
26 was picked entirely at random. Better ideas cheerfully accepted!
27
28 Best,
29 g2boojum
30 --
31 Grant Goodyear
32 Gentoo Developer
33 g2boojum@g.o
34 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
35 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76