From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt@××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Tax return and accounting discrepancies
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 04:10:19
On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 00:01 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > sorry, i didnt mean bylaws, but rather the charter, or whatever > document that describes the non-profit. it used to say we needed 7 > trustees, but it has since been changed to 5.
No worries, but again a legally entity does not require a board/trustees, but officers. If the charter did not make provisions for officers, then that could be the source of the problem :) I think you might mean the articles of incorporation vs charter? The articles seem to state a requirement of 3. But then says it shall be fixed by the ByLaws, which never existed till 2008. Or at least approved ByLaws ;) "The number of trustees of the Corporation shall be not less than three or more than twenty-one. The initial Board of Trustees shall consist of thirteen persons. Thereafter, the Board of Trustees shall consist of such number of persons, not Less than three, as shall be fixed by the Bylaws. The initial Trustees who shall hold office until their successors shall take office, are as follows:" http://www.gentoo.org/foundation/en/articles.xml#doc_chap9 -- William L. Thomson Jr. Obsidian-Studios, Inc. http://www.obsidian-studios.com