From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Article III Meetings of members
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 18:55:20
1 On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 13:59 -0400, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
2 > Just to back up for a moment.
3 >
4 > The more I read through this section, multiple passes. It really seems
5 > more like Foundation meetings, than meetings of members. In some places
6 > where it mentions members, foundation could be swapped out. In other
7 > places, foundation added as a modifier to members.
8 >
9 > I just don't see when members are ever gathering to meet. Normally it's
10 > the board, or officers who meet. This seems moot, but in subsequent
11 > articles it says membership approval, revocation, etc must be decided on
12 > by a vote of the members. I assume during a meeting.
13 >
14 > Which that is horribly slow if nothing else. Not to mention our
15 > voting/election process is not tied to meetings. The only ones who vote
16 > during a meeting are the board members and offices.
17 >
18 > Sure technical both board members and officers are foundation members.
19 > But this section is just worded very oddly. I would prefer this article
20 > be called Foundation Meetings, instead of member meetings.
21
22 Fine by me. I can't imagine that we would ever hold a member vote real
23 time.
26 Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o>
27 Developer, Gentoo Linux (Devrel, Sparc, Userrel, Trustees)