From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] RE: [gentoo-council] Foundation by laws: new Article V
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 04:51:08
1 On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 21:08 -0700, Blackace wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 19:08 -0400, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
3 > > It's totally moot, so get over it. There are more important things to
4 > > harp on and waste others time on.
5 >
6 > Did you *have* to go and be a complete prick on an otherwise useful
7 > discussion? You aren't the be all and end all of Gentoo who gets to
8 > dismiss other people and their thoughts. Are we *trying* to kill all
9 > sense of community or something? Did I miss a memo? If I did, I'm glad
10 > I did. Man. Seriously.
11
12 No I am just fed up with the nit picking and stuff that is really not
13 productive. I will say flat out Chrissy is some what responsible for me
14 resigning. I am sick of a loud in your face minority speaking up
15 constantly. At one point a private personal attack I did not appreciate
16 one bit at all. Which I did forward on to the other trustees etc.
17
18 None of it leads to increasing productivity, just additional wheel
19 spinning. From someone that back in 06 wasn't interested in becoming a
20 dev. Since then at least to me, and IMHO has been a total pain.
21
22 Now that I am not a trustee. I can speak my mind clearly without someone
23 telling me. Oh you can't act like that your a trustee, etc and so on.
24 Which trustees are just legal paper pushers, they do not reflect Gentoo
25 as a whole. That would be more the council. So trustees should not be
26 held to some standard others aren't.
29 William L. Thomson Jr.
30 Gentoo Linux Developer