From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Use of Name and Logo
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 08:23:41
On Monday 27 September 2004 02:45, Marius Mauch wrote:
> On 09/26/04 Donnie Berkholz wrote: > > Thoughts? Discussion? Anyone still subscribed to this list? > > > > Thanks, > > How does the following paragraph apply to developer-owned domains, or > more general, when is something "officially part of the Gentoo > project"? > > > The name "Gentoo", when used in the spirit of the definition provided > > by the Gentoo Social Contract, is not allowed: > > > > * within domain names unless the domain is officially part of the > > Gentoo project
Well, this is the default license. Of course we don't need to license gentoo itself ;-). It however in principle does hold for developers (unless in assignment from gentoo). If you want an exception you can apply for it with reasons. The idea for the document is to have most people know what they can expect, and as a guideline for the foundation. Paul -- Paul de Vrieze Gentoo Developer Mail: pauldv@g.o Homepage: http://www.devrieze.net