From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] [RFC] Bylaws change: allowing Council members to serve as Trustees
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2018 05:49:44
1 W dniu nie, 03.06.2018 o godzinie 23∶10 -0500, użytkownik Matthew Thode
2 napisał:
3 > On 18-06-03 21:03:47, Raymond Jennings wrote:
4 > > On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 6:40 PM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto
5 > > <jmbsvicetto@g.o> wrote:
6 > > > On Sat, Jun 2, 2018 at 7:54 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
7 > > > >
8 > > > > Hello, everyone.
9 > > > >
10 > > > > This one has came up a few times recently, and I think it would be
11 > > > > reasonable to finally put it as formal motion. I'd like to propose
12 > > > > removing from Bylaws section 5.2 (Qualification) [1] the following
13 > > > > paragraph:
14 > > > >
15 > > > > No individual shall serve as a Gentoo Foundation Trustee and Gentoo
16 > > > > Council Member concurrently
17 > > >
18 > > >
19 > > > <snip>
20 > > >
21 > > > > --
22 > > > > Best regards,
23 > > > > Michał Górny
24 > > >
25 > > >
26 > > >
27 > > > I never agreed with this restriction and always felt it should be left for
28 > > > the electorate to decide, so +1 from me on this proposal.
29 > > > Regards,
30 > > >
31 > > > Jorge
32 > > >
33 > >
34 > > For my part I would like to raise a point of potential conflicts of
35 > > interest if one person were to serve both roles.
36 > >
37 > > Though I'd be happy to let each electorate decide as well.
38 > >
39 > > To address the potential conflict of interest case, one might need to
40 > > have clearly defined what they're supposed to do in the first place.
41 > >
42 > > Less rehashign what is already known and perhaps more formal
43 > > documentation of it. There is some apparent disagreement.
46 > Can you give an example of such a conflict? I think the only thing I
47 > can think of is once we get travel reimbursement done is self granting
48 > it. If such a thing happens (self granting) without VERY good reason
49 > I'd likely organize a removal / vote of no confidence.
52 I don't see how Council members are different from 'pure Trustees' here.
53 A Trustee can also request travel reimbursement, and I think it's
54 pretty reasonable to expect that he would abstain from a vote in this
55 case.
58 Best regards,
59 Michał Górny