From: Yuri Vasilevski <yvasilev@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Software in Public Interest, cont...
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 13:31:14
1 Hello,
2
3 On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 14:10:50 -0400
4 "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o> wrote:
5
6 > On Fri, 2008-08-15 at 12:26 -0500, Yuri Vasilevski wrote:
7 > >
8 > > Back to the issue, taking into account the corrections that Ferris
9 > > McCormick kindly added and the positivism I sensed in his response,
10 > > I talked with Bdale Garbee regarding us, Gentoo Fundation, joining
11 > > the SPI and discussed the previous e-mail I sent as well as
12 > > fmccor's replay.
13 >
14 > Thank you but at this time I would prefer as an individual and trustee
15 > that you not be asking or pursuing information from the SPI. If you
16 > look in archives I contacted them official months ago. Most all
17 > interactions were cc'd to -nfp list. We are not proceeding with them
18 > at this time.
19
20 I apologise if I did something inappropriate, but I want to assure you
21 that I always tried to make it clear that this were just my questions
22 and that I asked them withing the gentoo context so I could get a more
23 precise information for me to know how things would work (and then,
24 because I liked it, I decided to share it a the whole, even when it
25 overlapped with already available information).
26
27 So please do accept my apologies as I made contact with them just so I
28 could get a clear picture on the role they could play within gentoo's
29 context and then just because it made sense to me, I made the proposal
30 to rethink about them adding new information, but nothing more than
31 this. And gathered the information I needed I will not inquire any more
32 on the subject unless the foundation will want me obtain more
33 information.
34
35 > > I was
36 > > told that the process should be the following, we need to let them
37 > > know that we would like to join with a specific one person contact
38 > > address
39 >
40 > And that's a hug road block to me. One contact from Gentoo to the SPI.
41 > That will not work for us.
42
43 Yes, I completely agree with this point, I also sow it as a bit of a
44 drawback, but I also understand the reasons that made them require one
45 personal contact from each project.
46
47 Kindest regards,
48 Yuri.