From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Foundation by laws: new Article V
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 22:50:57
On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 13:24 -0700, Chrissy Fullam wrote:
> Refer to bylaws that were approved in today’s Trustee meeting: > > http://dev.gentoo.org/~neddyseagoon/docs/FoundationBylawsProposed_7.xml > > > > I cannot understand why a person cannot be on the Council and on the > Trustees? We had someone do so in the past and no conflicts or issues > arose.
IMHO yes jobs were not done as well since focus was to wide, not narrow.
> What is the reasoning that a person cannot serve on the technical > team and the legal team?
If something happens to said person. The loss is greater. If the drop the ball, the loss is greater. There is no reason anyone should have such broad focus. They pick an area focus on it and work on it. That people take on/eat to much, then fail to chew it is not ok. Thus this is designed to prevent that from occurring. Just like Jacob should have had backup. There should be more recruiters, more people on QA, etc. Until ever little detail of every job is being done to perfection. There is no need to stack titles, or widen focus. We need more narrow focus and doing a better job all around. -- William L. Thomson Jr. Gentoo Linux Developer