From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
To: Gentoo NFP <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev-announce@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: Foundation 2011 election - 20 hours left for nomination
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 04:11:04
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 > Dear Gentoo Foundation members,
5 >
6 > We've come again to that time of the year when we need to cast our votes
7 > for the Foundation. The Gentoo Foundation[2] is now opening an election
8 > to fill the 2 seats in the Trustees that have reached the end of their 2
9 > years term, Mathew Summers (quantumsummers) and Robin H. Johnson
10 > (robbat2), and for the seat filled by Joshua Jackson (tsunam) that has
11 > announced his retirement.
12 >
13 > [1] - <link to Roy's email on archives>
14 > [2] - http://www.gentoo.org/foundation/en/
15 >
16 > The nomination period starts tomorrow, 20110211 0000UTC and lasts until
17 > Thursday March 10th 2359 UTC.
18
19 This means there is now a little less than 20 hours left for nominating
20 a candidate and for him / her to accept the nomination by emailing to
21 the gentoo-nfp ml.
22
23 At this time, to fill the 3 open seats, the following Foundation members
24 were nominated and accepted their nomination:
25
26 Anthony G. Basile (blueness)
27 Richard Freeman (rich0 -
28 http://dev.gentoo.org/~rich0/trustee-manifesto-2011.xml)
29 Robin H. Johnson (robbat2)
30 Matthew Summers (quantumsummers)
31
32 ...
33
34 > The election officials for this election will be Patrick Lauer[3], Jorge
35 > Manuel B. S. Vicetto[4] and Alec Warner[5]. All officials will keep a
36 > daily presence in #gentoo-trustees and #gentoo-elections for the
37 > duration of the election. You can reach all the officials for this
38 > election at the elections[6] alias.
39 > The election officials will publish a page with all information about
40 > this election that will be available from the Foundation Archives[7].
41 >
42 > [3] - patrick@g.o
43 > [4] - jmbsvicetto@g.o
44 > [5] - antarus@g.o
45 > [6] - elections@g.o
46 > [7] - http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/elections/trusteees/
47 >
48 > To nominate a candidate, join the gentoo-nfp[8] mailing list. Trustee
49 > nominations are open to the public; voting is limited to eligible
50 > voters. Send all your nominations, acceptances and feedback to the
51 > gentoo-nfp list[9]. Be sure to check if you're listed on the list of
52 > members for this election[10].
53 >
54 > [8] - http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/lists.xml
55 > [9] - http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-nfp/
56 > [10] - http://www.gentoo.org/foundation/en/20110202_members_list.xml
57
58 ...
59
60 > If you have any doubts about the election or any corrections to the page
61 > and lists, contact the election officials.
64 > PS - I take the full blame for the election being opened later than
65 > expected, but I was out at FOSDEM and haven't got back home yet.
66 >
67 > For the election officials,
68 >
69 > ---
70 > Regards,
71 >
72 > Jorge Vicetto (jmbsvicetto) - jmbsvicetto at gentoo dot org
73 > Gentoo- forums / Userrel / Devrel / KDE / Elections
74
75 - --
76 Regards,
77
78 Jorge Vicetto (jmbsvicetto) - jmbsvicetto at gentoo dot org
79 Gentoo- forums / Userrel / Devrel / KDE / Elections / RelEng