From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Section 4.1 Member Classes
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 03:30:30
1 On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 20:26 -0700, Alec Warner wrote:
2 >
3 > Note that in my reading of the GLEP we have 30 days to *begin* the
4 > election process. I expect in the end this will occur (feel free to
5 > check the -council ml archives for status).
6
7 During the discussion it was elected. As I had mentioned our election
8 process takes 2 months.
9
10 > I expect the council will start the election process and if they fail
11 > to do so I will start it independently.
12
13 Want to make some bets there?
14
15 > It seems like you are always in a rush :P It takes time for folks to
16 > communicate, please be patient.
17
18 Oh really. So I never said 30 days was unrealistic. I never commented
19 that the trustees barely got the process down to a little over a month.
20 30 days is not practical. Which those that voted on the GLEP should have
21 realized. But did not.
22
23 But yes, it's me trying to rush this thing forward. When was the next
24 council meeting schedule? So how many months will we go without a active
25 or current council?
26
27 > Even if we held an speedy election now, the council we have now is
28 > still the council until that election is concluded.
29
30 Yep, so what's our ETA to a new council. How many months from now before
31 they can fully replace the existing council. Be 100% up and running.
34 William L. Thomson Jr.
35 amd64/Java/Trustees
36 Gentoo Foundation