From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Section 3.1 Place of Meetings
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:36:25
1 On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 15:30 -0400, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
2 > I think we need to be clear an concise here. All meetings must be openly
3 > available to the public to attend, and/or at minimum foundation members.
4 >
5 > Also I think we should state that meetings are held in #gentoo-trustees
6 > IRC channel on freenode.net. No where else, and always done
7 > electronically.
8 >
9 > There will be no meetings at a principle office location that does not
10 > exist. Nor are there any plans for the trustees to meet in person
11 > anywhere. I am not sure that has ever happened. Till either of those
12 > changes, I see no point to them being included or mentioned.
13 >
14 > Something like
15 >
16 > "All meetings must be openly available to the public to attend..
17 > Meetings are conducted electronically and are held in #gentoo-trustees
18 > IRC channel on freenode.net."
19
20 I agree. As a lawyer, I loathe "legalese" and very much prefer
21 documents in "plain English."
22
23 Regards,
24 Ferris
27 Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o>
28 Developer, Gentoo Linux (Devrel, Sparc, Userrel, Trustees)