From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Foundation Periodic Activities Tracker
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 20:18:22
1 On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 15:34, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 2:31 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 >> On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 17:59, Rich Freeman wrote:
4 >>> To help improve this I'm going to try to lead efforts to create a
5 >>> simple and effective periodic activity tracking checklist.
6 >>
7 >> you mean like the Gentoo calendar ?
8 >
9 > While clearly sticking an entry in the calendar 7 years hence saying
10 > "renew trademark" is better than doing nothing, I'm not convinced that
11 > is the best solution.
12
13 that isnt the only periodic entry for the foundation. there's
14 paperwork filing, trustee meetings, etc...
15
16 > I see the calendar as being useful for reminders, but not a very good
17 > checklist of things that need to happen.  Somebody might complete a
18 > task and forget to put a new entry on the calendar (far easier to do
19 > than deleting an entry from the tracking list).  Maybe somebody puts
20 > an entry on the calendar, but not far enough in advance to take
21 > action, or maybe ownership is unclear so nobody does anything until
22 > the last minute.  And so on...
23
24 i didnt mean to say that the calendar is be a full replacement. just
25 that all date related entries should be listed in the calendar. then
26 things like "i want an e-mail reminder" is now a trivial end user
27 issue and not something we need waste time on the infra side.
28 -mike