From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Foundation Periodic Activities Tracker
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 20:18:22
On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 15:34, Rich Freeman wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 2:31 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote: >> On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 17:59, Rich Freeman wrote: >>> To help improve this I'm going to try to lead efforts to create a >>> simple and effective periodic activity tracking checklist. >> >> you mean like the Gentoo calendar ? > > While clearly sticking an entry in the calendar 7 years hence saying > "renew trademark" is better than doing nothing, I'm not convinced that > is the best solution.
that isnt the only periodic entry for the foundation. there's paperwork filing, trustee meetings, etc...
> I see the calendar as being useful for reminders, but not a very good > checklist of things that need to happen.  Somebody might complete a > task and forget to put a new entry on the calendar (far easier to do > than deleting an entry from the tracking list).  Maybe somebody puts > an entry on the calendar, but not far enough in advance to take > action, or maybe ownership is unclear so nobody does anything until > the last minute.  And so on...
i didnt mean to say that the calendar is be a full replacement. just that all date related entries should be listed in the calendar. then things like "i want an e-mail reminder" is now a trivial end user issue and not something we need waste time on the infra side. -mike