From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o, gentoo-managers@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-nfp] I met with my lawyer
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 21:47:36
1 > Trade associations (unlike charities) can be more restrictive
2 > in their requirements for membership. Membership will be
3 > limited to Gentoo developers. The criteria for being a Gentoo
4 > developer will be determined by the board of trustees.
5
6 "The criteria for being a Gentoo developer" can be misinterpreted. What it
7 meant here is that membership is open to Gentoo developers, and the board of
8 trustees will be in charge of maintaining the definition of what constitutes
9 a "Gentoo developer." I'd expect the standard will be identical to what we
10 have today:
11
12 1) passed developer quiz
13 2) have a mentor
14 3) have been assigned a @gentoo.org email address
15 4) have a public gpg key on file
16 5) are actively working on something (not inactive)
17 6) meet gentoo standards of conduct
18 7) have a copyright assignment agreement on file
19
20 The board will be responsible for keeping this definition clear. This will
21 also allow for things like improvements to our official developer training
22 procedure, mentorship requirements, security requirements etc.
23
24 Daniel
28 gentoo-nfp@g.o mailing list