From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] How to improve the trustees
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 20:53:36
On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 12:31 -0800, Alec Warner wrote:
> > > Also I think that possibly the trustees should do more personnel and > > drama management. Which presently falls under the council, but doesn't > > seem technical in nature. But that could potentially be controversial, > > and not likely to be one of the first actions. > > I would prefer you inquire about this at a council meeting. Gentoo > the distribution has lots of siloing and leadership problems that need > work and I think with stronger leadership you will note a decrease in > drama. I am not sure how many developers are interested in being a > 'project lead'; currently people are more 'technical leads'.
I agree on taking this to the council, when the time is right. IMHO once the new board is able to decide on handing things to the SPI and/or doing it in house. The next thing is likely to turn to the council, and say, how can we help :) After all that's the mission of the board right. To help, oversee, and provide for the project in non-technical ways :) -- William L. Thomson Jr. Gentoo/amd64/Java