From: gibbonsr-ml@××××××××××××××××××.com
To: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o, Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] drobbins, leadership, etc.
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 01:49:14
1 >> without the doctor the chicken will not survive. without the family & friends
2 >> the chicken will have no will to survive.
3 >
4 >There is no exodus. Gentoo project is not in peril. Neither the
5 >foundation. Nothing is lost, things just aren't ideal. But can surely be
6 >corrected and will be ASAP.
7
8 This brings up an excellent point. Yes our Gentoo is revoked, but all the leaders there were here before it was revoked are still here, and no body made a fuss then. All this means is that as far as a business, the Foundation is in a state of Limbo, but we still have leaders, we still have the council, we still have the devs and the user community.
9
10 Everybody is taking this charter being revoked as the end of all that is Gentoo. But it isn't, from the user perpestive nothing has really changed, things are still going as normal.
11
12 Was 2007 a rough year, yeah problaby so. Is Gentoo growing , without a doubt. Growing brings growing pains.
13
14 I will be honest, I didn't take enough intrest in the past few years as I should of. It is said it took Gentoo Foundations charter being revoked to get me involved. I've been meaning to the whole time and just keep putting it off. I feel bad for that, but here I am starting do what I can instead of just reaping the benefits :D But this is what I want to do, and it isn't for everyone, that is okay.
15
16 I do think we need changes, and I think this just made it even more preveleant, but we don't have to have Daniel to make those changes. The more I think about it, if he wants to make those changes, then he should apply to be a member of the Foundation just like everyone else. Just because he started things doesn't mean it gets a special pass to do as he pleases.