From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Section 3.3. Special Meetings
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 21:03:53
1 For the most part this section is fine. One thing that does need to be
2 changed is the following
3
4 "when requested in writing by not less than ten percent (10%) of all
5 members entitled to vote at the meeting."
6
7 I think we can exclude the last bit, entitled to vote at meetings.
8 Members aren't voting at meetings, board members, and officers are. Thus
9 simply 10% of them writing in calling for a special meeting should be
10 suffice.
11
12 Also I am not sure we need to spell out the last part of who makes the
13 official call for the meeting. I guess it can't hurt, if that goes along
14 with duties and roles. But really any member of the board or officer
15 could. Providing they have and could provide upon request, 10% or more
16 of the members written requests for a meeting.
17
18 One thing to think about. Do we want 10%+ of the members individually
19 emailing in calling for a meeting? Kinda seems like the place for a
20 petition of some sort? If individual, might also need to re-word writing
21 to mean/say emailing? also maybe provide an address where to email?
22 trustees@g.o Pretty sure we can/should include details like that
23 in by laws.
26 William L. Thomson Jr.
27 amd64/Java/Trustees