From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o, blueness@g.o, dilfridge@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Gentoo Foundation Trustee Elections 2013: Nominations closing soon, voting period
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 03:04:37
1 On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 12:50 PM, Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
2 > calchan
3
4 I gladly accept the nomination. In case I am elected I would retire
5 from devrel since I do not want to risk any potential conflict of
6 interest. Once this year's Google Summer of Code ends in a couple
7 months (I'm co-admin and mentor), I will be able to dedicate almost
8 100% of my Gentoo time to the foundation.
9
10 For those who do not know me, I am somewhat older than the average
11 developer. I have lived on both sides of the Atlantic which makes I am
12 familiar with both European and US cultures and laws. I have been a
13 developer for 7 years now and a member of devrel for 6 years. I served
14 on the council for one year and chaired during most of it. I did not
15 run for a second term mostly because of my wife's health at that time.
16
17 For reasons that I will not elaborate on here, I have a
18 not-insignificant legal background in both IP and litigation. That and
19 my no-nonsense attitude would, I believe, make great assets for the
20 foundation.
21
22 Thanks,
23 Denis.