From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: Trustee Nominations and some brief points
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:37:43
> Executive summary:
 > I accept. Don't vote for me unless you have a good reason. I nominate
 > Jakub.

 > Be excellent to each other,

 > Patrick
 > aka bonsaikitten, Evil Compile Person etc. etc.

Well, thanks... after quite some time of thinking, I decided to accept.
:) I don't believe much in manifestos, so just some brief points.

* Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork...

Yeah, needs to be finished, and needs to keep flowing as required so
that similar things ones don't ever happen again. Bylaws, etc.

SFC/SPI - needs more discussion IMO, already mentioned by NeddySeagoon
after all. [2]

* Sponsors!!!

Lets prevent more mishaps like the ones armin76 mentioned on an internal
mailing list, and which are documented in bugzilla as well after all.
Won't refer to particular cases here, not after mud slinging, but things
like this should never happen again. The handling of the offers in
particular from non-US entities has been really really suboptimal in
past years.

We also need to define some standards and responsibilities for this,
like trustees vs. infra etc., the 'thank you' aspects (logos on website
etc. etc.), the legal aspects need to be discussed and so on.

In general, my view is that we need much more infrastructure on the
other side of the big pond, diversification is good mkay... :P That's
nothing against big sponsors, but what happens if they go away for one
reason or another, hmmm?

* Copyrights... Never got sorted out, anyway - I'm with kittens on this
[1] :P Being a lawyer, I can confirm what's said wrt this issue there.
What works for US, doesn't work for continental legal systems at all,
needs to be sorted out, even if not the most urgent thing really.

* Giving some second thoughts to the metastructure stuff...

drobbins raised quite a couple of good point here, something that is
worth a discussion. Also partially covers what bonsaikitten mentioned in
his mail [1], i.e. the trustees role in general.

* PR

I think the way dberkholz started is a great progress after lots of
stagnation here. We've also GMN going, lets keep the stuff going in the
right direction.

Eh, this is getting long, so lets finish here. Thanks for reading the
above if you finished this, and don't forget to vote in the elections.

Have a nice day.

--
Best regards,

  Jakub Moc
  mailto:jakub@g.o
  GPG signature:
  http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
  Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95  B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA
3D9E

  ... still no signature   ;)

[1]
http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-nfp/msg_68841e60297b8371a7c51dab3f1e7b79.xml