From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: Trustee Nominations and some brief points
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:37:43
1 > Executive summary:
2 > I accept. Don't vote for me unless you have a good reason. I nominate
3 > Jakub.
4
5 > Be excellent to each other,
6
7 > Patrick
8 > aka bonsaikitten, Evil Compile Person etc. etc.
9
10 Well, thanks... after quite some time of thinking, I decided to accept.
11 :) I don't believe much in manifestos, so just some brief points.
12
13 * Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork...
14
15 Yeah, needs to be finished, and needs to keep flowing as required so
16 that similar things ones don't ever happen again. Bylaws, etc.
17
18 SFC/SPI - needs more discussion IMO, already mentioned by NeddySeagoon
19 after all. [2]
20
21 * Sponsors!!!
22
23 Lets prevent more mishaps like the ones armin76 mentioned on an internal
24 mailing list, and which are documented in bugzilla as well after all.
25 Won't refer to particular cases here, not after mud slinging, but things
26 like this should never happen again. The handling of the offers in
27 particular from non-US entities has been really really suboptimal in
28 past years.
29
30 We also need to define some standards and responsibilities for this,
31 like trustees vs. infra etc., the 'thank you' aspects (logos on website
32 etc. etc.), the legal aspects need to be discussed and so on.
33
34 In general, my view is that we need much more infrastructure on the
35 other side of the big pond, diversification is good mkay... :P That's
36 nothing against big sponsors, but what happens if they go away for one
37 reason or another, hmmm?
38
39 * Copyrights... Never got sorted out, anyway - I'm with kittens on this
40 [1] :P Being a lawyer, I can confirm what's said wrt this issue there.
41 What works for US, doesn't work for continental legal systems at all,
42 needs to be sorted out, even if not the most urgent thing really.
43
44 * Giving some second thoughts to the metastructure stuff...
45
46 drobbins raised quite a couple of good point here, something that is
47 worth a discussion. Also partially covers what bonsaikitten mentioned in
48 his mail [1], i.e. the trustees role in general.
49
50 * PR
51
52 I think the way dberkholz started is a great progress after lots of
53 stagnation here. We've also GMN going, lets keep the stuff going in the
54 right direction.
55
56 Eh, this is getting long, so lets finish here. Thanks for reading the
57 above if you finished this, and don't forget to vote in the elections.
58
59 Have a nice day.
63 Best regards,
64
65 Jakub Moc
66 mailto:jakub@g.o
67 GPG signature:
68 http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
69 Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95 B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA
70 3D9E
71
72 ... still no signature ;)
73