From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Question about other people's intellectual property
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 19:18:40
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote: [Mon Apr 11 2005, 02:01:57PM CDT]
2 > I have a question that I haven't been able to get a suitable answer to
3 > as of yet. Then again, I haven't asked the right people I am sure.
4 >
5 > What legal standing does the Foundation have in regard to Gentoo
6 > developers? If I wanted to, for example, work with a certain software
7 > company to be able to distribute their products in a slightly modified
8 > form, something which is explicitly forbidden in their license, but they
9 > were willing to license the software to the Foundation for this explicit
10 > purpose, would that apply to all of Gentoo? The Foundation members?
11 > Nobody?
12
13 I've no idea what you're asking, I'm afraid. Could you provide a more
14 explicit, even if fictitious, example?
15
16 Thanks,
17 g2boojum
18 --
19 Grant Goodyear
20 Gentoo Developer
21 g2boojum@g.o
22 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
23 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76