From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Re: [gentoo-core] Call for Gentoo Foundation Trustee nominees
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 16:13:58
Rob Cakebread wrote: [Thu May 05 2005, 11:03:24AM CDT]
> Would it be jumping the gun to ask people when they are nominating > themselves if they are looking for a general role as a trustee or > if they want a specific position, like secretary (taking minutes at > meetings etc.), or whatever other positions there will be? I'm not clear > on how those roles will be filled. Are the next batch of trustees going > to vote amongst themselves for those positions?
Right now the only roles that have been specified are those required by NM law (President, Secretary, and Treasurer, I believe). It's reasonable to ask that nominees provide info on where their interests lie, but the actual selection of trustees to fill those roles will be up to the new trustees to hash out. As an aside, I'm currently the Secretary, and were I to be elected as a trustee I would probably request to retain that position, since I'm already the person who is keeping all of our files at the moment.
> I realize that doesn't have to be decided in advance, its just to > give us more of an idea of what positions may be lacking in number of > people interested etc.
It would be extremely helpful to have people running who have an interest in accounting and taxes, since (a) we have a tax filing deadline coming up, and (b) we now have money, so we probably should be following some accounting rules. -g2boojum- -- Grant Goodyear Gentoo Developer g2boojum@g.o http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76