From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Use of Name and Logo
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 13:12:45
On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 05:10:46PM -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> What we're doing here is essentially licensing our trademark, based on > various conditions. Therefore, this page _is_ a trademark license and > needs all the things they need.
It might be worth mentioning that for the time being the Gentoo Foundation cannot do anything as long as the trademark/logo isn't transferred. In other words, don't go mentioning cases in this thread - we can't do anything except taking note of it.
Not really, you can also use a "Fair Use Guideline". See http://www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml#fairuse for an example. Wkr, Sven Vermeulen -- ^__^ And Larry saw that it was Good. (oo) Sven Vermeulen (__) http://www.gentoo.org Documentation & PR