From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] I have a Gentoo banner, traking Gentoo's assets
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 21:45:12
On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 5:41 PM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 5:37 PM, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote: >> Let me know to whom and where to ship it to, when that time comes, >> thanks! > > you could ship it to me since i hang out on the east coast ... not > sure if anyone closer than Boston wants to take it
Regardless an asset tracking list just makes sense. For stuff like banners I'd just list a name with them, and be sure to have it checked when people leave. For things like servers I'd track location/etc, and possibly value as well if it is substantial. When we start paying our taxes these kinds of things are important - capitalization and all that. I've had to do it a few times on personal taxes - I imagine the basic laws are similar for a corporate return although most large corporations probably use more formal accounting systems (which we may or many not need to adopt).