From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] I have a Gentoo banner, traking Gentoo's assets
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 21:45:12
1 On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 5:41 PM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 5:37 PM, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
3 >> Let me know to whom and where to ship it to, when that time comes,
4 >> thanks!
5 >
6 > you could ship it to me since i hang out on the east coast ... not
7 > sure if anyone closer than Boston wants to take it
8
9 Regardless an asset tracking list just makes sense.
10
11 For stuff like banners I'd just list a name with them, and be sure to
12 have it checked when people leave.
13
14 For things like servers I'd track location/etc, and possibly value as
15 well if it is substantial. When we start paying our taxes these kinds
16 of things are important - capitalization and all that. I've had to do
17 it a few times on personal taxes - I imagine the basic laws are
18 similar for a corporate return although most large corporations
19 probably use more formal accounting systems (which we may or many not
20 need to adopt).