From: Gustavo Adolfo Silva Ribeiro Felisberto <humpback@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Gentoo - Non-US
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 23:08:44
1 Well one thing i would like to know is how the Gentoo NFP and the
2 Foundation are going to affect non-US developers.
3 Will we have the right to vote in elections? From the foundation, are
4 non-US projects going to be sponsored?
5
6 I do not know if there are stats on this but i have the felling that a
7 good share of Gentoo-devs are non-US citizens/residents so i am a bit
8 apprehensive on these questions, for example to get my devs-status/cvs
9 access I had to sign a form of "Release and Assignment" and i talked to
10 my lawyer and that has absolutely no legal value for me (on the other
11 hand Gentoo Technologies, Inc. never sent me a signed copy of that same
12 contract binding them to the same words).
13
14 Please don't take me words the wrong way (I am not a native English
15 talker so maybe my words are not expressing my ideas ok), for the most
16 part i agree with Daniel's ideas but i want things a bit more clarified.
19 Gustavo Felisberto
20 (HumpBack)
21 Web: http://dev.gentoo.org/~humpback
23 It's most certainly GNU/Linux, not Linux. Read more at
24 http://www.gnu.org/gnu/why-gnu-linux.html .