From: Matthew Summers <quantumsummers@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Re: Gentoo Foundation Trustee Elections 2013: Nominations closing soon, voting period
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 14:59:27
1 On Jul 13, 2013 10:57 AM, "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 13.7.2013 3.42, Rich Freeman wrote:
4 > > On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 1:48 PM, Robin H. Johnson <
5 robbat2-aBrp7R+bbdUdnm+yROfE0A@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
6 > >> Reviewing the mailing lists, I see the following nominees thus far:
7 > >
8 > > It is worth noting that if I end up getting elected to Council (which
9 > > I won't know until the nomination period is over) we'll have fewer
10 > > nominees than open positions, and as things currently stand there
11 > > won't be much of an election anyway even if I don't end up on Council.
12 > >
13 > > Vacant trustee positions are not a good thing - I'd strongly encourage
14 > > anybody who is interested (and willing to put in the effort) to
15 > > consider running. If anybody would like to chat about what it means
16 > > to be a Trustee/etc feel free to ping me in whatever media works for
17 > > you...
18 > >
19 > > Rich
23 > First sorry if this is a duplicate. I tried first through gmane but
24 > since at least the web interface does not show my message I am posting
25 > again through a regular subscription.
26 >
27 > I misnoted the timeframe of the nomination period so sorry about writing
28 > this so late in the period. I think it's important to fill all positions
29 > so I am willing to run in the elections. I am currently on the boards of
30 > four limited liability companies in Finland (chairman of one) which can
31 > hopefully provide some useful background to being a trustee. I am not
32 > sure if I can nominate myself but consider this an acceptance in case it
33 > must be someone else and it happens after this email
34 >
35 > Regards,
36 > Petteri
40 Time warp -- consider yourself nominated Petteri.
41
42 Thanks!