From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Tax return and accounting discrepancies
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 05:05:30
On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 12:52 AM, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
> However that was really a band aid, temporary solution. The Foundation > really needs to have officers, and a much larger board, like the > articles state. With officers doing the work, and board members > providing oversight, direction, review, etc. The Foundation members > elect a board, and the board choses officers. Though could let members > vote for officers just the same.
i think all it really comes down to is that people simply arent interested. they're happy/content with focusing on the technical. all the rest is viewed as a chore simply required for legal reasons. we dont have people driving a "vision" or "goal" for Gentoo because it simply isnt fun. so you can outline all different types of structures, but in the end if the general developer community doesnt care, we'll simply end up right where we started. -mike