From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] [RFC] Bylaws change: allowing Council members to serve as Trustees
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2018 20:26:46
1 On 2018.06.05 17:32, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 11:38 AM Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > >
5 > > The two bodies are supposed to have different agendas. They have
6 > > different terms of reference. GLEP 39 for the council,
7 > > The NM statutes, Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws for the
8 > Foundation.
9 >
10 > The two bodies are "supposed" to do whatever the community wants them
11 > to do. Setting them up with differing agendas/constituencies/etc was
12 > a mistake, IMO.
13 >
14 > Now, if a majority of people contributing to Gentoo today disagree
15 > with me, I'm completely fine with that. However, I feel like a lot of
16 > people feel beholden to something that was done in the past. The
17 > people who were around back then aren't the ones who have to live
18 > day-to-day with the results of this design, and I'm not sure how many
19 > of them would even agree with the original design having observed the
20 > results.
21 >
22 > --
23 > Rich
28 Rich,
29
30 We are talking about different things. I was pointing out the way
31 things are today.
32
33 We are where we are, we need to get to where we, (the community)
34 wants to be, so I don't disagree with your points either.
35
36 Denis has a point - put it to the community.
39 Regards,
40
41 Roy Bamford
42 (Neddyseagoon) a member of