From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Fwd: [gentoo-dev] NFP + co-op
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 23:07:28
As posted to -dev ...

Subject: [gentoo-dev] NFP + co-op
Date: Tuesday 13 April 2004 00:03
From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o

Okay ... am I the only developer who is getting tired with the excuses we've
been reading tonight in the meeting about why we *still* don't have a Gentoo
NFP?  Especially in a channel where Gentoo devs had no voice?

Oh yeah - and I suppose I should feel offended with Daniel saying that we
shouldn't be adding value.  We've spent many months working on taking the
webapps stuff to a level that *no* other distribution is on ... but somehow I
just can't work up the energy for that one right now.  Daniel - do you want
us to stop work on GLEP #11, or do you support it?

Whether Daniel's idea of a co-op or two to raise funds will help speed up my
webapps work or not I just don't know ... personally, I already have a full
time job which makes it impossible for a co-op to buy some of my time to
speed things up, but that's a different problem.

Daniel, please - we've been going at this for as long as I've been a dev.
Please get the original, long-promised Not-For-Profit established before you
do *anything* else.  If you need money to pay the costs, we'll get you the
money.  But please - get it done.

And please stop using xfree86 as an example of why we need the co-op.  That
project collapsed because of the actions of its leadership.

I've been asked to direct people to the new gentoo-nfp list, where all of
 this will be discussed.  Feel free to subscribe ;-)

Many thanks,
Stu
--
Stuart Herbert                                              stuart@g.o
Gentoo Developer                                       http://www.gentoo.org/

GnuGP key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319  C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C
--