From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@g.o, rane@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] ByLaws: Article IV, Membership.
Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 23:33:51

As I threatened, I am attaching a first attempt to describe membership
in the Foundation.  With a couple exceptions, it is a replacement for
the existing Article IV in the 2007-01-22 proposal.  Parts of it I am
pretty sure of, and parts of it need a lot of discussion and revision.
I leave it to you to figure out which are which.

A fair amount of the text {is enclosed in braces.  Text in braces is
merely clarification or commentary unless you wish otherwise.}

I tried to make this as clear as possible, but I am not all that
satisfied with the result.  Feel free to fix it.

I am explicitly including rane on the distribution because one section
is present as a direct result of a conversation he and I had a few days
ago.  So I am inviting him to rewrite it or expand it if he wishes.

Have fun,
Regards,
Ferris
- --
Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o>
Developer, Gentoo Linux (Sparc, Devrel, Userrel, Trustees)

membership.txt text/plain