From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] nominations
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 19:22:49
1 On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 13:44:23 -0500
2 Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Lukasz Damentko wrote:
5 > >
6 > > "No individual shall serve as a Gentoo Foundation Trustee and Gentoo
7 > > Council Member concurrently "
8 > >
9 > > So if dertobi123 wishes to run for a position of a Trustee, he has to
10 > > resign from his seat on the Council.
13 > I don't think the bylaws say that Council members can't run for a
14 > position of a Trustee. It says that they can't serve as a Trustee.
15 > Presumably that can be handled by either stepping down from the Council
16 > upon winning a position as a Trustee, or declining to take office upon
17 > winning (that might seem counterproductive but it would allow one to see
18 > who came in next before deciding which office to hold). He certainly
19 > could run while still holding his current office.
20 >
21 > I think that this bylaw is counterproductive, but that's a different
22 > topic... :)
23 >
24 I think we made a mistake, yes.
27 Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o>
28 Developer, Gentoo Linux (Sparc, Userrel, Trustees)