From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-core@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Nomination
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 23:53:59
Alright, after much poking and prodding by various lobbying firms and special
interests groups and some thought given to it during a quick game of
Electroplankton, I've decided to cast my hat into the ring and run for a
foundation trustee position.

Quick rundown of the things I do in Gentoo include:

   - Help manage the Gentoo/MIPS port as the MIPS Team Lead
   - Provide a visible Gentoo presence (along with others) in
     the linux-mips IRC channel (which has mostly debian people)
   - Chip in on random Gentoo/SPARC related discussions
   - Chip in on base-system, toolchain, and gcc-porting
     oddities at random.
   - Idle constantly in several Gentoo IRC channels
   - Developed 'crossdev', the forerunner to the portage
     cross-toolchain toolkit.
   - Trained four new MIPS devs, and currently in the process
     of mentoring a 5th one.

My preferred goals for running for a foundation position are mainly for giving
the alt-arch groups (primarily sparc and mips, but others too) a voice in
things, as we often find ourselves overlooked or compared to inefficient
x86-based systems.

Some quick things about me:

   - Been a developer for 2 years
   - Residing in an insignificant region outside the DC
     Metro area, which I might add, is ranked #3 in worst
     traffic in the nation, and I drive in it.
   - Owner of many SGI systems (Octane, 2 O2's, Indy,
     Indigo2 R10K, Indigo2 R8K).

So vote for me today, and I guarantee I'll make your teeth up to 25% whiter!

--Kumba

--
"Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands
do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere."  --Elrond