From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-core@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Nomination
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 23:53:59
1 Alright, after much poking and prodding by various lobbying firms and special
2 interests groups and some thought given to it during a quick game of
3 Electroplankton, I've decided to cast my hat into the ring and run for a
4 foundation trustee position.
5
6 Quick rundown of the things I do in Gentoo include:
7
8 - Help manage the Gentoo/MIPS port as the MIPS Team Lead
9 - Provide a visible Gentoo presence (along with others) in
10 the linux-mips IRC channel (which has mostly debian people)
11 - Chip in on random Gentoo/SPARC related discussions
12 - Chip in on base-system, toolchain, and gcc-porting
13 oddities at random.
14 - Idle constantly in several Gentoo IRC channels
15 - Developed 'crossdev', the forerunner to the portage
16 cross-toolchain toolkit.
17 - Trained four new MIPS devs, and currently in the process
18 of mentoring a 5th one.
19
20 My preferred goals for running for a foundation position are mainly for giving
21 the alt-arch groups (primarily sparc and mips, but others too) a voice in
22 things, as we often find ourselves overlooked or compared to inefficient
23 x86-based systems.
24
25 Some quick things about me:
26
27 - Been a developer for 2 years
28 - Residing in an insignificant region outside the DC
29 Metro area, which I might add, is ranked #3 in worst
30 traffic in the nation, and I drive in it.
31 - Owner of many SGI systems (Octane, 2 O2's, Indy,
32 Indigo2 R10K, Indigo2 R8K).
35 So vote for me today, and I guarantee I'll make your teeth up to 25% whiter!
39 --Kumba
42 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands
43 do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond
44 --
45 gentoo-nfp@g.o mailing list