From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Gentoo Foundation bank account
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 22:43:43
On Sat, 2008-08-02 at 07:55 -0500, gibbonsr-ml@××××××××××××××××××.com
wrote:
> > Another option, that might be fit our role more is some direct or online > banking. ING.com is one of the biggest ones. Capital One is another one > but I don't care for them as a company .. personal preference. That > would get by the problem of having to be close by.
Looks like Capital One is a winner. We only have to provide them with whom ever we want on file as authorized signers. We do not have to put on file all officers. No one has to go to NM, or anything physical. Because they offer direct bank accounts, accessed purely online. Someone does have to open the account by providing personal information. Followed by the Foundations info, EIN, address, etc. From there we can change authorized signers by sending in a letter requesting such. Only hard part will be priming the account, but otherwise. We should be able to proceed with them. No idea on fees, etc. That stuff is pretty moot to me. Since we really have no others to shop around or compare on. I can check a few others, but really getting tired of spinning wheels. I just assume bite the bullet and go with Capital One. Till we have reason to go or look else where. -- William L. Thomson Jr. amd64/Java/Trustees Gentoo Foundation